Who doesn’t love peanut butter? Be it peanut butter on toast, or a spoonful of peanut butter with ice cream or simply “peanut butter fingers” as Joey Tribbiani from the hit show “Friends” used to say! If you are a big fan of peanut butter like me you would know how small that peanut butter jar from the store feels to us! They know how much we all love it, and for that they charge us good money. No need to get further exploited by the peanut butter manufacturing companies when you can make much bigger, much healthier, much cheaper and much tastier jar of peanut butter right at home! It is not even that hard. All you need are some peanuts and a good quality blender!
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to get your own homemade jar of delicious peanut butter:
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Honey (optional)
- Preheat your oven at 350 ᵒF.
- Spread the peanuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast them for about ten minutes or until they turn light golden in color. If you want to skip this step, you can get pre-roasted unsalted peanuts from the store. Roasting the nuts enhances the flavor of your final product.
- Transfer the peanuts to your blender while they are still warm as this will warm the oil in the nuts and cause them to blend easily.
- Turn the blender on and pulse it a few times to chop the nuts. If you want a chunky peanut butter, you can separate 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts and keep aside to add later.
- If you are looking for a good baby food blender to make homemade meals for your baby, chooseblender.com can helps. With a little research, you can bring home the best blender for baby food.
- Start processing the remaining chopped nuts in your blender. Take breaks at intervals to avoid overworking the motor. During these breaks, lift the lid of the blender and scrape down the sides.
- After a couple of minutes, the nuts will start pulling themselves together. Continue processing.
- The nut oils will be released gradually turning into a smooth paste. This process can take 5 to 10 minutes to achieve so you need to be patient!
- Once you have achieved a smooth peanut butter you can add salt and honey if you like. These ingredients are optional and entirely dependent on your preferences.
- If you want thinner consistency of peanut butter you can also add a little peanut oil or any mild tasting oil.
- After adding these additional ingredients, process for further 1 or 2 minutes until smooth.
- Transfer it to a sealed container. You can store it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 months.
Once you have tried this recipe, you will never think about buying it from the store again!